About Wail Ahmed
Wail Ahmed - Professional Summary:
An enthusiastic, dedicated and results-driven Chemical Process Engineer with excellent qualifications and experience gained within the oil and gas sector who is now looking for a new and suitably challenging position. Demonstrates a proven ability to deliver performance improvements and financial savings using a range of techniques including process simulation, hydraulic analysis, process integration and equipment optimization while ensuring full compliance with local health and safety regulations as well as international codes and standards. Enjoys being part of, as well as leading, a successful and productive team and can be relied upon to work independently without supervision. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate concisely at all levels.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Perform Process Simulations
- Perform Hydraulic Analyses Models (Pipelines Steady State Hydraulic Simulation)
- Development of design basis memorandum (DBM)
- Development of P&IDs (FEED & EPC)
- Development of PFDs and Heat & Mass Balance (FEED & EPC)
- Equipment Sizing (Pumps, Separators, Heat Exchangers, etc…)
- Developing the commissioning and pre-commissioning manuals
- Developing the operating & maintenance manual
- Developing the Operation, Control & Safeguarding Philosophy
- Process input to Mechanical Data sheets
- Process input to Instruments Data sheets
- Process input to the Cause & Effect Diagram
- Preparing Process deliverables (Equipment list, line list, Instrument list etc…)
- Preparation of technical reports
- Plants revamp and studies and calculations.
- Equipment Adequacy Checks (Pumps, Separators, Heat Exchangers, compressors etc…)
- Vendor Design / Documents Review
- HAZID, HAZOP and SIL reviews
- Preparation of scope of work document
- Hazardous area classification inputs using IP15
- Codes and Standards – Shell DEP, PRODEM (TOTAL), API, IP15 etc
Wail Ahmed - Professional Experience:
2011-Date SENOIR PROCESS ENGINEER, Abu dhabi company for onshore oil operations (ADCO), Abu Dhabi
- Working as technical authority for on-going projects, approving and rejecting technical deviations.
- Providing technical support to fields / terminal (De-bottlenecking, Plant Modifications).
- Providing process engineering support to projects during different phases.
- Carrying out feasibility studies, conceptual design and optimization studies.
- Developing design philosophies (control, shutdown …..Etc).
- Carrying out in-house engineering.
- Participating in Peer Technical review, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and other safety reviews, value engineering exercises.
- Developing scope of work / Terms of Reference for projects.
- Updating Process Engineering standards.
- Participating in Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Participating in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Performance Run Procedures.
- Developing in-house process calculation sheets.
2006 - 2011 SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER, SNC Lavalin, Abu Dhabi
- Conducting feasibility studies, producing conceptual designs, performing process calculations, PFDs, P&IDs, UFDs, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and other safety reviews and equipment and instrumentation data sheets.
- Performing process simulation, heat and mass integration, equipment sizing and selection and plant dynamic simulation to identify equipment and control sensitivity towards sudden changes in parameters
- Leading process engineering activities for several projects while working independently to support the commissioning and operations teams for the troubleshooting and general running of new installations and plants
- Ensuring effective communication to all parties while delivering training to Junior Process Engineers
- Developing and improving plant operations and procedures to resolve and overcome major operational problems
- Successfully reducing plant running costs by 20% by applying new hydraulic concepts to develop the operation within the optimal operation zone
- Documenting procedures for process calculation and presentation to enable the company to achieve ISO certification
- Being recognized on several occasions most notably by winning Engineering Employee of the Year 2009
2005 - 2006 PROCESS ENGINEER, Olie Dansk Genburg, Copenhagen
- Working independently to carry out the process design for a plant involved in the re-refining of used oil
- Performing process simulation and heat and mass integration for the selected process and optimising operating conditions to deliver a solvent recovery rate of 99%
- Economically optimising the sizing and selection of major equipment and performing project sensitivity analysis to identify the best solvent to oil ratio and conducting project cash flow and economical sensitivity analysis for various production scenarios
- Performing a fuel switching analysis for Rya CHP plant to reduce operating costs by US$10million
2001 - 2004 PROCESS ENGINEER, Petronas, Khartoum
- Reviewing process calculations, PFDs, UFDs, P&IDs, Hazop studies and process design basis for upstream oil processing design and construction projects.
- Optimising and improving the operation of new installations during the commissioning phase by increasing productivity and decreasing utility requirements
- Coordinating all activities on the new CPF construction project with a total project value of US$40million
Wail Ahmed - Education:
MSc Sustainable Process Technology, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
Completed following the award of the Swedish Institute Scholarship 2006
BSc (Hons) Chemical Engineering Technology, University of Gezira, Wad Medani, Sudan –
achieved First class degree 2001
Awards and prizes: Senate Prize for Academic Performance 1998
Wail Ahmed - Interests: Reading and Sports
Market yourself and your business - use LookupPage to guarantee top presence on search engines.
Wail Ahmed Links
The Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO) operates onshore and in shallow coastal water of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, one of the seven members of the United Arab Emirates which was established on 2nd December 1971.SNC LAVALIN
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's leading engineering, procurement, construction and related technical services organizations, serving selected industry sectors and geographic markets.
SNC-Lavalin achieves this through the know-how of its people, by contributing to the success of its clients through value-added services and by continuous investment in the improvement of its technical and managerial competence.Chalmers University of Technology
Chalmers is a university of technology in which research and teaching are conducted on a broad front within technology, natural science and architecture. Our inspiration lies in the joy of discovery and the desire to learn. Underlying everything we do is a wish to contribute to sustainable development both in Sweden and world-wide