I'm Trigg Ruehle a recent graduate in Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Energy Systems at Iowa State University. I would like to contribute to a company in meaningful ways while acquiring practical hands-on experience working full-time using my academic training and previous related job experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Energy Systems.
I developed my time management, problem solving, and engineering skills through an internship, job responsibilities, and academics. While working in the Molecular Biology and Carver Co-Labs on the Iowa State University campus, I developed great interpersonal and time management skills. Under Building Manager and Engineer Peter Lelonek, I developed great project management and problem solving skills helping him with the building’s electrical, maintenance, environmental, health, safety, energy, controls, instrumentation, and HVAC needs.
Projects and Activities at Iowa State University
• Designed mechanical, electrical, and structural elements using Revit and other software as a Construction Engineer
• Used Six Sigma (DMADV) to design and manufacture a working solar food dehydrator made from recycled materials in ME 270
• Led a group project to analyze and design a new process to manufacture train wheels faster and more efficiently in ME 324
• Used AutoCAD Plant 3D and P&ID to design steam and gas cycles in ME 332
• Utilized MatLab and Simulink to manage controls for hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, and other systems in ME 421
• Designed and modeled a thermoelectric cooler to be used in cooling silicone microchips using SolidWorks, EES, and Visio in ME 436
• Analysis, economics, and design of energy systems in ME 433, AE 325, EE 351, ECON 380, ME 332
• Currently leading a group of senior mechanical engineers working with Harris Vaccines to manufacture a semi-automatic vaccine bottling process in ME 415
• Member of ASME and National Society of Leadership and Success