|Professional Services Professional|
|Virtual PA 4 U|
LN7 6PS, United Kingdom
About Lisa Pearce
Lisa Pearce - Professional Summary: [ Not Updated Yet ]
Valuable experience gained in demanding and challenging work environments including running two businesses in tandem over the past year. Lisa possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to plan and prioritize workloads. She performs well under pressure and is very organized, flexible and an advanced user of personal computers. She has a friendly, professional manner, coupled with a will and passion to succeed in all areas.
Lisa Pearce - Professional Experience: [ Not Updated Yet ]
JUNE 2007 TO AUGUST 2007 MACHINERY PRODUCTS UK LIMITED, SOUTH ELKINGTON, LINCOLNSHIRE
PA TO MD
• This firm had 3 employees and the role was very demanding. A very small part of the role (20%) was spent as PA to the MD; the other 80% was sales by e-mail. With no knowledge of industrial machinery one was expected to acquire information from technical specifications, correspond with enquiring buyers and suppliers. The firm’s website held the specifications and the intranet held the firm’s databases, both of which were kept up to date. The MD’s plan was that I should help with the company’s over-burdening daily sales enquiries and by doing this assist in clearing a large historic backlog. The position very much demanded working on one’s own initiative for a greater part of the working day – this was difficult with very little experience in machinery.
MAY 2005 TO JUNE 2007
WILKIN CHAPMAN SOLICITORS, GRIMSBY &
SENTLEY WILSON BOWEN SOLICITORS GRIMSBY, LINCOLNSHIRE
• Based within a very busy Conveyancing department I assisted the Managing Partner and Fee Earners. I was very much involved with clients and confidently liaised with a wide range of people providing a top level service. The usual secretarial duties were expected of me, including audio typing and updating the case management system, but also preparation of complex documentation and correspondence. User of ProClaim case management system; producing bills and statements and supporting users with IT related problems; dealing with Estate Agents, other solicitors, lenders and the Land Registry; use of internet and assisting Fee Earners with time critical documentation.
JUN 2002 – OCTOBER 2003 THE SECURITY WATCHDOG SCREENING BUREAU LIPHOOK, HAMPSHIRE
• This firm was also small and the role was very busy. Typical duties included - supporting MD, Directors and other staff. Administrative assistant to both Directors and MD; IT Manager for firm; scoped IT requirements for new clients; provided IT support; developed and delivered IT training to all staff; database management; accounts payable; credit control and reception duties.
MAR 2002 – JUN 2002 ST EDMUND’S SCHOOL GRAYSHOTT, SURREY
• Supported and assisted the Bursar who was also Clerk to Governors. Insurance renewals and making claims; arranging maintenance of equipment and plant; assisting Financial Assistant with billing deadlines and account work; supervising Housekeeper, domestic staff and contract operatives; nursery billing and after school care invoicing; registrations for admissions and grant claiming from local authorities.
APR 2001 – MAR 2002 ARKONIA SYSTEMS LTD BORDON, HAMPSHIRE
• Typing of Chief Engineers technical notes, manuals, operating instructions, product specifications; taking minutes of meetings and typing of same; general correspondence; arranging business trips; support to Chief Executive and assistant to PA. This organization supplied surveillance equipment to sensitive Government departments thus I was also screened by MOD.
AUG 2000 – APR 2001 LIPHOOK COACHWORKS LIPHOOK, HAMPSHIRE
Sales ledger; reception; switchboard and cashiering.
MAY 2000 – AUG 2000 SABBATICAL AFTER SURGERY
FEB 1998 – MAY 2000 THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON EC2N, LONDON
• US bank, HO in Pittsburgh, specializing in global fund administration and custody for financial institutions. Sole trainer and staff motivator for bank’s staff. Logistics and implementation of training course using mainframe program and global accounting software with custodian systems.
PRE FEB 1998 OTHER COMPANIES VARIOUS
• First employed in 1982 as a bank clerk for Lloyds Bank in Oxford Street, London. Progressed into fund accounting. Later recruited by a stockbroking organization based in the City of London.
• Around about 10 years ago I became a Legal Accounts and Secretarial Software Trainer working over a 4 year period for two different, but competing, legal software training companies. The companies were Miles 33 (based in Bracknell) and Technology for Business (then based in Sunbury on Thames).
Lisa Pearce - Education: [ Not Updated Yet ]
1975 – 1980 Rodborough Secondary School Milford, Surrey
1980 – 1981 VI Form College Godalming, Surrey
1981 – 1982 Guildford Technology College Guildford, Surrey
• Maths, English, French, Geography, Maths (CEE) & Sociology
• Bookkeeping, Typing & Cashiering
CITY & GUILDS
• Hotel Bookkeeping, Typing
• Train the Trainer; Data Protection; ISO9000/TickIT, Sun Accounts and Sun Business, City of London Polytechnic – Computer Applications in Office Environments, Microsoft Excel – Expert UK™. ITEC Business Competency Diploma, Advanced Rural Lincolnshire Network Member, Sage Line 50, Hull and Humber Chamber of Commerce Member.
Lisa Pearce - Interests: [ Not Updated Yet ]
I enjoy entertaining, walking, listening to radio 4 (very sad, I know), Italy and I'm just about to start studying theology.
LookupPage is a powerful marketing tool which helps users to enhance their web presence and increase online visibility.