Elad Katz B.A
10128, United States
About Elad Katz
Elad Katz - Profile
Software development professional and JavaTM specialist with 3.5 years of diverse Software and Financial industry experience and a BSC in Computer Science.
My goal is to obtain a position as a software developer that will allow me to broaden my knowledge while applying my current expertise to take advantage of opportunities for leadership in the greater Manhattan area.
Elad Katz - Professional Summary:
MS-SQL 2005, Oracle 10g.
Frameworks, IDEs & Tools
Microsoft Visual Studio & DB tools, Eclipse, SQL+, Toad.
JBoss Application Server, IIS 6.0 , Tomcat, Apache.
Araxis Merge & Beyond Compare.
Sourcesafe and Starteam software repositories.
Ant, JUnit, Log4J, Doxygen, Visio, Photoshop.
JDBC, JNI, JDOM & new features of JAVA 5 API.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, LINUX & Unix.
Elad Katz - Professional Experience:
Work Experience Senior Technical Consultant for Financial Institutes
Aug 2008 to present
Exzac LLC, Jersey City, New Jersey.
• End to end financial software customizations for Norkom 5.7 and 6.0 for major Clients such as PayPal and Deustche Bank including integration with other AML and regulatory compliance software.
• Only Exzac employee in a team of Norkom software engineers working on the Norkom application that provides financial crime and compliance for major financial companies; requiring independence and customer facing abilities.
• Development of complex database models, and implementation on OracleTM and MS-SQLTM databases as well as integration into the application
• Design and implementation of screen configurations and workflows; Balancing elaborate usability issues with keeping the design as simple as possible.
• Worked in tight schedules with frequent customer interaction.
• Immensely impacted the team by introducing new methods and technology for faster and higher quality implementations through Java dedicated programs that were later used in other teams as part of the standard implementation methodology.
Jul 2007 to Aug 2008
HP Software IL(Formerly Mercury Interactive), Yehud, Israel.
• Developed end to end features in an agile development method environment.
• Part of the prestigious "Quality Center" development team, an application that combines requirement, test, and defect management into a single enterprise ready application that can be accessed by hundreds of users at once through a web-browser thus streamlining the entire development process.
• Designed and implemented several end to end features that ultimately allowed for sharing of Quality Center's resources, some of which are pending a patent application. These features include the creation of an asynchronous library object that defined the extent of the shared items, a mapping of the dependency graph of all items in the library, comparisons, imports, exports and synchronization.
• Worked as part of a fast paced feature team and developed features from the early design stages, through database, backend, frontend and GUI development.
• Successfully led several initiatives with significant customer satisfaction while staying on or ahead of schedule.
• Worked closely with QA teams and communicated with everyone involved in the project on a daily basis.
• Collaborated with Customer Support Officers by supplying fast and professional responses to customers and other field personnel who encountered severe software defects.
• Development on various platforms tools and tiers simultaneously - Java, C++, COM, SQL and C#.
• Gained significant experience with MS-SQL and Oracle by developing database heavy features. Experience that includes optimization and troubleshooting as well as programming to JDBC API.
Jan. 2006 - Apr 2007
Vocaltec, Ltd, Hertzlyia Pituach, Israel.
• Developed Software in the Voice Over IP field.
• Designed and developed infrastructures for the Essentra BAX product, an enterprise application that enables delivery of residential and hosted enterprise VoIP services over any broadband infrastructure.
• Programmed to several VoIP protocol stacks including SIP, H.323, MEGACO and others in order to provide a Java infrastructure between the underlying C++ protocol stack and the enveloping J2EE application, developed on both ends - C and C++ for the protocol, Java for the application and Java Native Interface (JNI) for connecting the two.
• Led from design through deployment solutions for optimizations and tuning for large volume of users and concurrent calls - enabled a performance boost of 100% in high call volume systems with a complete re-design of the call initiation process.
• Ensured quality and on-time delivery of features on a day to day basis by collaborating with many teams and team members.
• Delegated requirements that were needed in order to proceed according to schedule to dependent teams thereby reducing unnecessary wait times.
• Developed and initiated a new employee tutorial process that is still used for all new R&D employees.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Full time: Jul. 2005 to Jan. 2006
Part time: Mar 2005 to Jul. 2005
Websense, Ra'nana, Israel
• Performed Quality Assurance on the Port Authority product which allowed for accurate detection and prevention of information leaks and regulatory compliance (HIPAA, GLBA, SEC, SOX, and many more) by monitoring all outgoing communications from the company (Emails, IM chats, Web, FTP and others).
• Modeled developed and performed intricate applicative software testing plans.
• Dramatically improved quality and efficiency by developing several Java testing tools and python test scripts that upgraded the testing process and replaced manual testing.
• Ensured delivery of version contents, and communicated weekly progress reports to field sales personnel.
• Managed version cycles from QA perspective and delegated tasks to other employees in the team
• Conducted new employee training seminars.
Elad Katz - Education:
Degree in Computer Science, The Interdisciplinary Center, Hertzlyia, Israel
Class of 2003.
Additional Educational Activities
• Wrote for 2 college newspapers
o IDC's "MOED BET" - founded the computer and gadget section.
o Tel Aviv University's "YARID HA'TAASUKA MAGAZINE".
• Member of IDC's International (English speaking) debate society (European champs 2005).
• Linux and Unix course - IDC, 2005
• Usability Course - UPA Israel (IsraelCHI) - 2006
• Database management and performance tweaking in Oracle - HP Israel, 2007
• Object Oriented Design in Java - HP Israel, 2007
• Developed and taught an OTA, the quality center API course at HP, 2007
Elad Katz - Interests:
LookupPage is an essential self branding tool that ensures you are professionally represented online.