Dr.Ramen Goel is the Director,Bariatric Surgery or weight loss surgery Consultant,Doctor and Surgeon,Mumbai India
Dr. Ramen Goel is the founder of Centre for Metabolic Surgery (CMS), is the first Indian to be accredited as “Surgeon of Excellence in Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (SOEMB)” in 2012, by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
An advanced laparoscopic surgeon, Dr Ramen Goel comes with impressive experience in the field of Bariatric surgery. He has received training in bariatric surgeries and metabolic surgeries in France, USA, Australia, Switzerland and Brazil.
Dr Ramen Goel is a highly trained gastro-intestinal surgeon with years of experience. He is amongst the pioneers of bariatric surgery in India helping people their weight loss journey.
Dr. Ramen Goel, a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery, founded the Centre for Metabolic Surgery, in the year 2000, Mumbai, India. It is a dedicated bariatric centre and metabolic surgery programme, based on the pillars of care, compassion and safety.
Over the course of past 14 years, CMS has evolved into a nurturing support structure, helping patients obtain excellent outcomes, following their weight-loss surgery. At CMS, utmost care is given to maintaining quality standards and undergoing constant modifications, in order to provide a relaxed and satisfying bariatric surgery experience.
CMS is equipped to execute standard bariatric procedures including Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass and others. In addition, it also offers specialised facilities for procedures like Adolescent Bariatric Surgery, Mini-lap Bariatric Surgery and Metabolic surgeries (even for thin diabetic patients).
Over the decade, a large number of international patients from UK, USA, Africa and Middle-East have been travelling to Mumbai to avail the world class facilities available at CMS, considered as the top bariatric surgery centre in India.
•1st Bariatric surgeon from Asia accredited with Bariatric & Metabolic Surgeon of Excellence by Surgical Review Corporation, USA
•Performed India’s first gastric band, first banded gastric bypass & first mini lap bariatric surgery
•Fellow in GI Surgery by International College of Surgeons, USA
•Fellow in MAS Surgery by Indian Association of Gastro-intestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES)
•Fellow in Advanced Laparoscopic (Bariatric) Surgery by IAGES
•Ex. Governing Council Member – International Association for Study of Obesity
•Ex. Steering Committee Member – Education & Management Task Force, IASO
•Past President – All India Association for Advancing Research in Obesity
•Member – International Review Committee, Surgical Review Corporation, USA
•Organising Chairman – 5th Asia Oceania Conference on Obesity (AOCO2009) – 1st Annual Nova Bariatric Master Class 2012, 2nd Annual Nova Bariatric Master Class 2013 and 12th Annual National Conference of Obesity Surgery Society of India 2015
•Hon Bariatric Surgeon at Wockhardt Hospital, Hinduja Healthcare Surgicals, Zen Hospitals and Breach Candy
•PG thesis co-guide for various institutions
•Ex. Hon Bariatric Surgeon at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
•Ex. Hon. Associate Professor of Surgery at Grant Medical College & JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
M.B.B.S., MS, FICS, FIAGES, FALS
•Gastric Band – Lyon, France
•Gastric Bypass – Laussane, Switzerland
•Sleeve Gastrectomy – Perth, Australia
•Banded Bypass – LA, USA
•Adolescent Bariatrics – Cincinnati, USA
•Robotic Surgery – Buffalo, USA
•Ileal Transposition – Goiania,Brazil
•Diploma in Gastro-intestinal Surgery from Postgraduate Medical Institute, University of Vienna, Austria
•General Surgery – By Prof. V.N. Shrikhande, GI Surgeon & HOD, Bombay Hospital
• Goal Keepers, the support group at CMS, is a gathering of our patients who have undergone or are in the process of undergoing bariatric surgery.
• Goal Keepers allows patients, to share their experiences, tips etc. and encourage each other. It’s a motivating experience for the patients wherein they are able relive their promise to themselves and safeguard their health goals with added vigour.
• Bonding between bariatric patients is a sight worth watching. Most of these people have fought hard with a disease, which, not only made them miserable but evokes a social bias as well, it’s natural that they have much to share.
• It has been proven that regular attendance at support groups has a direct impact on a patient’s overall well-being and results. According to Dr. Ramen Goel, Founder, CMS “Bariatric surgery is not a short cut for weight-loss because only people with extra-ordinary resolve take this step.”
• Support groups meetings are an important component of a bariatric program. It helps and motivates post-surgery patients in the following ways:-
• Tips on losing weight, health recipes and related issues on diet.
• Issues related to post-surgery, recovery schedule, supplement intake, exercise regimen
Get in touch with us:
CENTRE FOR METABOLIC SURGERY
(Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd)
Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd. 1877,
Doctor Anand Rao Nair Marg, Mumbai Central,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400011, India
Phone: +91 9323599309, 919820170783
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com