42 Bradwell Road, Milton Keynes,
Buckinghamshire, MK13 7AD.
Tel: 01908 590 750
Mob: 07877 154 727
Driving Licence: - Full British (Clean)
CCDA / JNCIA - (M&T & Junos) / JNCIS - (M&T & SP) / JNCIP - SP
A Web Developer / Network Support Engineer / Service Delivery Manager, with a wide range of experience, in Enterprise, ISP & Telecommunication networks and various Web Development projects. Extensive involvement in the full life cycle of various projects, with specific emphasis on planning, design, implementing and supporting internetworks. Able to work on own initiative or leading a specialist team and have proven skills involving the development and motivation of teams to achieve business objectives. Have first class analytical and problem solving skills. Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards, with strong customer focus. Displaying first class use of Kepner-Tregoe methodology to maintain strict SLA targets. Have international exposure and high level of cultural sensitivity / awareness.
Technologies and Skills:
• NPM, PostgreSQL, SQL, PHP, JQuery, WordPress, Photoshop.
• MS Office - Excel, Word, Visio, Project etc. (up to 2016), Citrix XenApp. SNMP, UNIX, PERL, DNS.
• XML and HP Openview, Micromuse Netcool, Remedy, Metro Ethernet, Junos, IOS, NX-OS, TMOS.
• Motorola BSR Edge Routers. TACACS+ / Radius, Terminal Servers, Cisco CMTS, WLANs, Netflow.
• Data Centres and practices. Cisco Cloud Services Router CSR 1000v (virtualisation router), CiscoWorks.
• IPSA, Sybase isql, MySQL, Cramer, Salesforce, Oracle, VMware & eHealth.
• 3600 Series, Sun SPARC Mid-Range / Windows 2008 / 2012 Servers, Ethernet Networks.
• Riverstone Routers/Switches (various). Extreme Networks Routers/Switches (various). VOIP.
• Tellabs 8100, 8800, 8600 and 8000 INM series range. IP Backhaul, IP RAN, 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE) & 5G.
• Juniper M, T and MX – Series Routers & EX Series Switches. Alcatel SR-7750, 6800 Routers Switches.
• TCP/IP, IPv6, IS-IS, OSPF, GRE, BGP, Multicast, pseudowire Technology, VPLS, MPLS, L2/L3 VPN’s.
• Cisco Nexus 7000, 1000 series, ASA, PIX, Check Point (GAiA) firewalls. Juniper SRX. F5 Load Balancers.
• ANT-20, Ascom, Feline and LM2000 Protocol Analysers, Sniffers, Wireshark.
• Nortel TN-4X / 16X, Spectrum Analysers. Spirent AX/4000 & SmartBits Traffic Generators.
• SolarWinds – Cat Tools, MRTG, Syslog, RMON, Nagios, Exchange Server 2016.
• Cloud Computing (Google/ Amazon AWS) and VMware technologies. Disaster Recovery.
• Linux Redhat / Centos. Network Administration. Desktop Support, Active Directory.
• Installing Network Cabling and Devices. PC and Server Support. EPOS Systems.
Freelance Web Developer / Designer (Various Clients) March 2018 – Present March 2017 – January 2018
July 2016 – November 2016
Maintenance and performance of existing client websites, improvements on design and functionality. Diagnosing and rectifying performance issues. Maintaining continuity throughout all websites both technically and creatively.
Celestra – (Milton Keynes) January 2018 – March 2018
Project Coordinator - Contract
Worked on the McDonald’s EOTF (Experience Of The Future) project rollout, deployed EPOS (Electronic Point Of Sale) software and hardware for all the UK and Ireland stores.
Merchants (part of Dimension Data) – (Milton Keynes) November 2016 – March 2017
Security Network Specialist – Contract
Supported Cisco ASA and IPS technologies, Cisco Secure ACS, Cisco FWSM and MPLS, BGP, EIGRP based networks in the financial sector for customers such as Virgin Money and Serco to PCI-DSS standards.
Mitel (Formally Stoke / Mavenir) – (Home Based) September 2013 – July 2016
Technical Lead / (Professional Services)
Professional Services support for all technical and support issues reported by tier 1-carrier operators UK and Ireland where Stoke Inc. security gateways are deployed (LTE domains). Utilised Stoke Inc. engineering and technical resources to address and identify all customer issues and deliver resolutions for customer acceptance and closures. Involved in data centre on site commissioning, and interoperability trials. Technical lead support for Mitel / Mavenir IMS products, Juniper routers & switches including resident engineer roles for VoLTE projects. Raised and dealt with remedy trouble tickets. Writing of technical documentation and white papers.
Virgin Media Business – (Peterborough) July 2013 – September 2013
Service Delivery Manager – Contract
Worked on the Virgin Media Cisco hardening project. Involved Network design and Configuration.
Alternative Networks – (Wooburn Green Buckinghamshire) May 2013 – July 2013
Senior Support Engineer
Worked in a reseller/solutions provider as a senior support engineer (security), specialising in Juniper SSG, SRX,
as well as Palo Alto and Check Point.
MLL Telecom – (Marlow / Newbury) March 2013 – May 2013
Senior Network Support Engineer – Contract
Worked as a senior network support engineer on the Vodafone IP / SDH Backhaul network carrying out full audit and network wide design / fix program.
Virgin Media – (Peterborough) March 2012 – March 2013
Service Delivery Manager – Contract
Service delivery manager on the Virgin Media LGFL (London Grid for Learning) IP-VPN project. This involved control and coordination of field engineers to sites. Arranged service review meetings.
Telindus Belgacom ICT – (Camberley / Hook) October 2011 - February 2012
Migration Engineer – Contract
Worked as a migration engineer, on the core refresh project, for the Virgin Media broadband speed upgrade. Involved in configuration builds / migrations and troubleshooting of their Juniper router and switches (M, T, MX and EX series) as well as their Cisco routers and switches (7600, 7500, 7200 and 6500 series).
Coriant (Formerly Tellabs) – (High Wycombe)
Telecommunications Equipment Vendor)
Lead Technical Support Specialist April 2006 - October 2011
Lead a team of senior engineers providing EMEA TAC support for the T8800, T8600 series routers & switches as well as the 8000 NMS (INM 2.1) management system. Provided mobile backhaul support for the following customer’s, Everything Everywhere (Orange & T-Mobile), BT (21CN), O2, and Vodafone. This also included fieldwork, site commissioning, maintenance and upgrade visits to various RNC and BTS / Node B (Ericsson and
Nokia) sites for these customers. Experience also with IP RAN. Carried out various interoperability lab testing
using Juniper M&T series routers. Writing of technical documentation and white papers. Have also acted as line manager on occasions when required.
• Received praise for enabling Vodafone (Formerly C&W) project to hit all KPIs on time and for the
project to come in under budget.
• Awarded Tellabs International Customer First award 2010.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Secondments / Assignments (non-exhaustive):
• Aricent (Newbury) Lab Test Analysis for Vodafone C&W Integration project.
• BT (Various UK Sites) Resident Engineer.
• Packet Exchange (GTT) Pre-Upgrade T8800 TMOS Software Lab Testing.
• Telecom Italia (Rome) On-site support.
• Tellabs (Espoo - Finland) Lab Testing for Vodafone Ireland project (1 Month).
• T-Mobile Hungary (Budapest) On-site support.
• Vodafone Ireland (Dublin) Resident Engineer May 2008 – Sep 2008.
• Vodafone UK (Newbury) Resident Engineer December 2010 – May 2011.
• Cisco (Düsseldorf) Resident Engineer February 2015 – July 2015.
• Tele2 Sweden (Malmo & Stockholm) On-site support October 2015.
• Samsung HQ (Suwon South Korea) Software testing Jan 2016 – Feb 2016.
Professional Development Training (non-exhaustive):
Cisco Specific training CCNA / CCNP etc.
• CCNA (ICND1/2), CCNP (ROUTE, SWITCH & TSHOOT) and CWENT (London)
• Brocade Certified Fabric Professional (BCFP).
• CompTIA A+ / Network+ & Security+.
• Internetwork Expert (INE) Cisco CCDA / CCDP (ARCH) / CCNA / CCNP / CCIE Written (R&S).
• Internetwork Expert (INE) Cisco QOS / BGP and MPLS / Open Series Lectures - MPLS Troubleshooting.
• IT Service Management (ITSM) Training (includes ITIL), PRINCE2 Foundation.
• Business Analysis / Intelligence.
• Linux LPI LPIC-1 / 2.
• Complete Web Developer.
• EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker v9.0.
• (General Data Protection Regulation) – Compliance Training.
• ExtremeXOS: Operation and Configuration (London).
• BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) Essentials and Advanced Topics.
• CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
Juniper Specific training
• IJNR (intro) / Advanced Routing / VPNs / Policy and Networks Security Solutions. (Amsterdam).
Miscellaneous Vendor Equipment
• HP-Openview, SNMP, TCP/IP Training (London).
• Mainsteet - 3600 series / 4602(0) Mainstreet (Newbridge - Wales).
• DPN NCS and DPN-100 / Magellan Passport NMS Operations & Maintenance (Maidenhead).
Telecoms - General
• Award Solutions Mobile Network Boot Camp (Espoo - Finland).
• RIPE / Digital Telephony / ISDN / xDSL (ADSL, VDSL) / LLU and SS7 training (London).
• Security Gateway (San Francisco).
Tellabs Router / Switch Training
• 8800 Basic Provisioning and Maintenance CLI (Naperville – Chicago).
• 8800 VPLS / PNNI / Layer 2 VPN Provisioning and Maintenance CLI (Naperville – Chicago).
• 8600 CLI Operations / Troubleshooting (Espoo - Finland).
• 8600 Managed Edge System (8000 NMS) (Espoo - Finland).
• 8600 Managed Edge System (INM) (Espoo - Finland).
Problem Analysis Specific
• Kepner-Tregoe - Resolve Problem Analysis and Decision Making (Birmingham).
• NetQOS NetAnalyst Part (1) Network Performance Technologies (Marlow).
• NetQOS NetAnalyst Part (2) Metrics and Analysis (Marlow).
• NetQOS NetAnalyst Part (3) Network Performance Forensics (Marlow).
• Router Architecture and Configuration (London).
HIGHER EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Dublin Institute of Technology Kevin St.
BSc - Telecommunications and Electronics (WRTT)
• Wavestar ADM 16-1 O&M / TDM 10G / STM64 Installation and Maintenance.
• Mobile Network Boot Camp (2G, 3G and 4G (LTE / WiMAX Technology).
• CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate).
City and Guilds
• Electronic Servicing 224 Part 1 & 2 / Microcomputer Technology 223 Part 1 & 2.
• IOSH Managing Safely in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Juniper Associate JNCIA (M&T & Junos).
• Juniper Specialist JNCIS (M&T Series & SP).
• Juniper Professional JNCIP-SP (Service Provider).
• NetAnalyst Part 1 - Network Performance Technologies.
• NetAnalyst Part 2 - Network Performance Metrics and Analysis.
• NetAnalyst Part 3 - Network Performance Forensics.
Web developer / designer, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on /off page, Explainer Videos, Video Marketing (Including creation) & Social Media marketing, building Android Apps and building customised PC’s. Community work with FeedMK. Travel - especially USA and Europe, fishing, spent four years as an army reservist.