|Head of International Portfolio Development|
About Chris Locke
Chris Locke - Professional Summary: [ Not Updated Yet ]
Chris Locke - Professional Experience:
2008 - date
Head of International Portfolio Development, Edexcel
• Successfully developed a wide range of qualifications for teacher training, employability, Banking and Finance and English Language on time and to budget.
• Piloting innovative solutions using technology through developing direct to consumer products, virtual i-resource centre to support centres delivering our programmes and digital assessment.
• Developing the first international teacher community for Edexcel clients.
• Led on the development of several Pan Pearson solutions including a government tender to support SME's in Brazil, Teacher Training in UAE and an Engineering Technology Cluster in Egypt.
2002 - 2008 Assessment and Qualification Alliance (AQA)
Senior Subject Officer - Sport and PE
• Project managed the largest redevelopment of GCE Physical Education for ten years, producing a new product that is engaging, innovative and meets the demand of the market.
• Supervised the production of supporting textbook and ground breaking online resources for the qualification in conjunction with an international publishing house.
• Successfully executed a strategy that drove growth in the number of international schools using AQA for GCE Sport and PE.
• Developed and launched a pioneering new vocational qualification for GCSE PE nationwide at conferences and exhibitions across the country.
• Persuaded key internal and external stakeholders of the benefits to the new software, overcoming substantial resistance in the process.
• Identified and delivered training on key areas of the business that improved the efficiency and effectiveness of staff in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Improved customer service and increased revenue for AQA by introducing tailored workshops to provide focused training for teachers on different aspects of the course.
• Introduced new quality control measures that ensured the standard of examination papers were maintained at the highest level.
• Established a strong relationship with National
Governing Bodies and the English Institute of Sport to ensure our centres had the latest resources and information.
1999 - 2002
Display Sales Executive, The Times Newspaper Limited
• Managed a portfolio of national based media agencies and their clients across The Times and Sunday Times products achieving overall growth in year on year spend and market share.
• Securing long term contracts and major advertising campaigns with leading international and national clients by communicating and negotiating complex arguments to reach an acceptable settlement for both parties.
• Project managed the most lucrative annual interiors supplements to date, two years in a row for The Times and The Sunday Times magazines through providing the sales force with a tailored sales presentation to deliver to their relevant clients and agencies.
Chris Locke - Education:
BSc (Hons) Sport Science with English - St Mary's University, Twickenham
3 GCE's Sport Studies (B), Biology (D), English (D)
8 GCSE's A-C including English, Maths, Science and PE
Chris Locke - Interests:
Rugby union (London Irish Development team, Middlesex U21);
Marathon running (London and New York);
LookupPage is a powerful marketing tool which helps users to enhance their web presence and increase online visibility.