About Bob Brotchie
I am a counsellor, offering psychotharpy and CBT to men and women, individuals and couples - for any number of challenges endured. My office is at Rosemary House, Lanwades business park, Kentford, near Newmarket and also close to Bury St. Edmunds - yet easily accessible to south and east Cambs and Norfolk
Formerly an award winning operations and performance manager with the East of England Ambulance NHS Trust. Providing leadership and business administration, I am versed in Prince2, Lean Six Sigma and business administration
Management, administration & leadership – I offer the ability to lead and manage a diverse range of staff with different skill sets on a day-to-day operational basis. Coaching, mentorship and staff development, I can train and assess staff and peers in relevant core skills. Matrix management bias. Performance analysis and improvement strategy
- Solution skills – Ability to identify problem, provide solution and successfully market on a global scale.
- History of leadership and sales roles within High Street retail clothing and shoes, convenience foods and products and field-direct sales. Stationary representative- Office supplies, Web 2.0 and ecommerce.
- Business continuity processes. Legislative requirements and maintaining vigilance to these. Accustomed to executing and reporting against monthly/quarterly/annual KPI performance objectives
- H.R – Recruitment process, RCA, PDR, effecting disciplinary protocols, contracts, H&S, communications and training, salary and contract reviews.
- IT literate in MSWord, PowerPoint and Excel. E-Commerce for brand awareness and marketing.
- Operational person of the year award 2009 –10 East of England Ambulance NHS Trust. Awarded for cost saving estates procurement and media engagement. I negotiated estates provision at desired locations for staff to be comfortable and secure whilst waiting ‘call out’. This improved staff safety as well as improving performance and staff morale while saving £££'s pa for each unit.
- Chairman’s Award 2005 – East of England Ambulance NHS Trust - Innovation in public service, for I.C.E concept (In Case of Emergency) Helping emergency responders notify your loved ones in an emergency.
- Achieved the toughest emergency performance targets in the world in tandem with innovative performance reporting and analysis; transforming the emergency service delivery of 999 crew’s time to mobilise from +3 minutes to -60 seconds via financially ‘lean’, efficient, cost-effective operations.
- Consistent performance in roles outside my contracted remit. Evidenced via my regular interim roles (Clinical Field Ops Manager, AGM) and my attendance at stakeholder and commissioner meetings to present data around performance reports, project status, service analysis, delivery and development.
- Technology Successfully launched range of apps for the iphone in consultancy role with ems-options.com
- R&D and Marketing role with 911ice.org (USA). Presented over two days at Web 2.0 tech expo in San Francisco, California.
- Marketing & Media with global success! The ICE project. Presented in New York, Florida and across the UK via TV, radio, magazines and newspapers.
Professional experience -Roles:
East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (1993 – 2011)
Operations manager - Performance Improvement (2008-2011)
Operations manager responsible for emergency staff within Cambridgeshire (primary care) and their service provision, performance, training, HR issues and general administration. Budget management within pay and non pay. Stock control, audit, KPI reporting on performance, absence and training. I attend with influence at commissioner and stakeholder meetings and I am frequently engaged within various project groups.
Clinical Field Ops Manager
An interim position in which I led in excess of 100 professional staff and seven managers. Responsible for service provision and performance, significant budgets, fleet, logistics. Achieved percentage reduction of staff absence via timely interview and support intervention. As a direct result of my performance within this role, I was offered my current substantive promotion.
Clinical Team Leader
As well as a serving operational Paramedic I was responsible for twelve other clinicians, team logistics and fleet needs, admin, training and HR matters. Due to consistent performance I was promoted to the above role on an interim basis.
Critical Care team
An elite volunteer role for MAGPAS charity providing specialist emergency care responses and intervention.
Air Ambulance Paramedic
I was a founder member of a team of flight paramedics for the inaugural East Anglian Air Ambulance
Provision of staff training, mentorship and audit
Qualified following intensive residential courses held at Liverpool and Norwich
Emergency call handler
Accurate call taking and passing of information with attention to detail.
Business development consultancy roles
ICE4EMS & Contact4Me (US-UK -2009-10) – Emergency notification services. Engaged to establish product efficacy and assist with commercial branding, sales and commerciality on both sides of the Atlantic
911ICE.org (US -2008-9) Medical consultant for innovative Web 2.0 phone application
Prosperity Living (Norway -2007-8) Medical devices and service provider. Consultant for viability analysis
ICE-Contact.Com (UK/US- 2005-6) Commercial Director of this founding medical alert system
Founded and successfully promoted the now globally accepted emergency notification system industry standard - I.C.E (In Case of Emergency) programme.